Senior Financial Accountant
A vacancy has arisen in our Admin Department for a Senior Financial Accountant with at least 3 years of full-cycle accounting experience, especially in taxes and annual accounts.
The candidate will be responsible for maintaining a log and preparing the majority of the journal entries in the general ledger, monthly closing reports in line with internal cost control accounting rules, appropriate balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, calculating and reconciling depreciation of all fixed asset accounts, bank reconciliations on a monthly basis, preparing annual work papers for year-end audits and calculation and presentation of taxes.
Experience in posting transactions for a group of companies will be valuable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance required. CPA or Chartered Accountant preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an Accountant.
- Progressive experience in financial operations, planning, budgeting, and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Expert knowledge in Excel needed including VLOOKUP’s, formulas, and Pivot Tables.
- Working knowledge of IFRS / UK and /or Spanish GAAP.
Skills in the following will be assessed:
- Languages: at least B2 in English (it will be assessed during the interview).
- Excellent communication skills over email and telephone.
- Ability to work in a team environment and in a client-facing role.
- Analytical and computer skills.
- Understanding of mathematics and accounting and financial processes.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- General accounts, accruals and prepayments, invoicing, and bookkeeping.
- Calculate monthly accrued income.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts.
- Preparation of monthly closing and reports.
- Preparation of internal and external audits and liaison with auditors.
- Credit control, budgets, cash flows and payments online under BACs and CHAPs.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Supervision and control of timely billing and related payments.
- Preparing and submitting VAT-IVA / Corporation tax-IS returns and liaison with Hacienda-HMRC and tax advisors.
- Preparing documentation and justifications for VAT inspections/penalties.
- Preparing KPIs for review.
- Dealing with customers/suppliers and other departments.
- Reporting Aged Debtors and Creditors.
- Supervision and control of intercompany accounts.
- Accruals and prepayment maintenance of all trackers.
- Assistance in cash flow forecast (short term) – cash needs report.
- Supporting the preparation of trading position reports.
Quintas Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.