Senior Construction Manager (Quintas Advisory)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE?
We’re looking for a Senior Construction Manager with strong understanding of managing the design, procurement, and construction of PV solar plants. Ideally, the candidate has gained this experience through working for EPC companies in Spain and/or internationally.
You will operate in a data rich environment supported by a strong and experienced site visit team and back-office team that will provide you with a steady flow of accurate asset data and reports.
- Review of project design, contractual documentation, environmental studies, planning permission, health and safety reports, grid offers and grid connection agreements.
- EPC/BoP tender preparation, co-ordination, management, evaluation, and revision.
- Liaison with clients and stakeholders.
- Consolidating and/or coordinating several Owner’s Engineer activities, including Detailed design review, Project planning and scheduling, On site activity and reporting, Quality control and assurance.
- Technical support to the Clients on the execution of the project, advising on actions and decisions, assisting on assumptions, and identifying issues and risks related to the project at all stages.
- Manage and provide support on construction contracts.
- Management of contractors and construction projects.
- People and project management, ensuring effective communication within the project team.
- Review the EPC’s Project Execution Plan and verify the consistency and completion (providing comments and advice) of the following aspects:
- Client's Safety, Health and Environmental Plan
- Environmental plan
- Insurance Plan
- Site Access and Traffic Management Plan
- Logistics Plan (Importation, reception and on-site storage for materials and equipment)
- Reporting and Communication Plan
- Approval Procedures (design and ready for construction drawings, payment claims, variation order claims)
- Coordination routines and schedule
- Contacts register
- Project control plan
- Project documentation plan and registers
Qualifications & Experience:
- You should have relevant third level qualifications, e.g. Electrical Engineer, with 5+ years of professional experience in EPC of PV solar plants. Your background should preferably include high voltage design, construction, and operation.
- Experience in Owner’s engineering services is valued.
- Strong practical knowledge, both technical and commercial, of how renewable energy assets are developed, constructed, operated, and financed.
- Fluent in English and Spanish with excellent report writing skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent commercial skills for a client-facing role.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills, with an ability to collaborate and drive performance under pressure. You will be a confident negotiator capable of interpreting plant and contractor performance to identify issues and resolve them effectively with EPCs, subcontractors and service providers.
- Project management experience and capability to lead a project team.
- Knowledge of battery storage and wind power is highly desirable.
The role is based in our Seville office. However, the possibility of working from other locations or splitting time between office-based and home-based work will be considered for the right candidate.
You will report to the Group Head of Advisory.
Quintas Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.