Quintas Energy is seeking an Accountant with at least 2 years of full-cycle accounting experience for the UK Portfolio. The Accountant will be responsible for maintaining a log and preparing the majority of the journal entries in the general ledger, analysing appropriate balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, calculating and reconciling depreciation of all the fixed asset accounts, doing bank reconciliation on a monthly basis, and preparing annual work papers for year-end audits.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance required. CPA or Chartered Accountant preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Accountant.
- Progressive experience in financial operations, planning, budgeting, and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Expert knowledge in Excel needed including VLOOKUP’s, formulas, and Pivot Tables.
- Working knowledge of IFRS / UK and /or Spanish GAAP
Skills in the following will be assessed:
- Languages: at least B2 in English.
- Excellent communication skills over email and telephone.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and in a client-facing role.
- Must be able to adapt and flex to a changing environment.
- Must have analytical, communication, and computer skills.
- Understanding of mathematics and accounting and financial processes.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems, take responsibility and start adding value to the team immediately.
- Ethical behaviour.
Roles and Responsibilities
- General accounts, accruals and prepayments, invoicing and bookkeeping to SPVs.
- Calculate monthly accrued income.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts.
- Prepares monthly closes and reports for the clients.
- Preparation of internal and external audits.
- Credit control, budgets, cash flows and payments online under BACs and CHAPs.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Preparing and submitting VAT / Corporation tax returns and liaison with HMRC and tax advisors.
- Preparing documentation and justifications for VAT inspections/penalties.
- Preparing client KPIs for review.
- Dealing with customers and other departments especially engineering and legal.
- Fulfil annual statutory accounts and prepare SPV level tagging for submission to HMRC (UK) and liaison with auditors.
- Report Aged Debtors and Creditors.
- SPV level accruals and prepayments and maintenance of all trackers.
- Assistance in cash flow forecast (short term) – cash needs report.
- Support preparing trading position report.
- Assistance in cash sweep calculation.
Quintas Energy offers a unique work environment in the centre of Seville:
- Latest Microsoft technology stack: Serverless, Azure Functions, ASP.NET MVC, EventHub, Azure storage, SQL Server…
- Young, international, and friendly environment.
- We are not a consulting company. Direct exposure to the business.
- 9 to 5 schedule.