About the job
Quintas Cleantech (QC) is the development arm of Quintas Group. The latter comprises Quintas Energy, Europe’s largest independent platform for Asset Management and Advisory Services to investors in renewable energy assets with at least 3GW of assets currently under management.
QC’s aim is not merely to develop sites, but to form development platforms so that investors can aggregate opportunities from various sources. The multi-GW targets of the leading investors in renewables make partnerships with platforms necessary as they increase transactional efficiency and widen the range of opportunities from which to select qualifying projects. These sources include QC’s own development pipeline, projects that are co-developed with select regional partners and projects that QC detects in the market that may be suitable for purchase by investors.
The purpose of the role is to lead development for Spain with the objective of generating a pipeline of Solar PV projects which will be presented to QC’s strategic project investors for investment. This will include ensuring that the projects have: (i) all the necessary projects rights required to meet pre-agreed qualification criteria, (ii) projects meet target financial model returns, and (iii) ensure that risk and issues arising during the development of the project are managed.
In leading development, the role will be responsible for building a network of strategic development partners, which will generate partnering opportunities for partially developed and ready to build projects. This will include implementing the necessary development framework agreements, negotiating the terms of sale of projects and managing the on-going relationship.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record during the development phase of renewable energy projects (either wind, solar, biomass, etc.) in Spain.
1. Within your role as Development Manager Spain ensure that projects are identified, assessed, terms of sale negotiated and formally accepted by QC’s strategic project investors (within the definition of the relevant framework agreements) between 2021 and 2024.
Specific project targets defined in MWp in 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 for Spain will be shared as part of the interview process.
2. Provide all necessary support to the QC COO to secure and manage the relationships with strategic project investors and QC investors. This will include, but is not limited to preparation of analysis, presentations, and attendance at investor meetings.
3. Build the network of strategic development partners required to establish the project pipeline that will achieve the above targets and implement the necessary progress tracking and reporting.
4. Prepare, maintain, and sponsor the business case for Solar PV markets in Spain. In doing so, ensure that the business case is documented, up to date and integrated with the overall QC business plan.
5. Recruit, lead, and mentor the Spanish development team into a Centre of Excellence capable of delivery in home (Spain) and other Spanish speaking countries.
Your duties include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Build the business case for development in the Spain and where required, assist the COO in developing the case for new markets.
2. Establish the network of strategic development partners and the necessary framework collaboration agreements to deliver partially developed or ready to build projects into the QC pipeline.
3. Manage the process of assessment of projects that are submitted to QC and negotiate price and terms of sale with project owners. This includes working with the QC Investment Analyst to prepare the necessary project financial models.
4. Manage the process of preparing qualifying projects for submission to QC’s strategic project investors and resolve queries and issues that may arise during the due diligence process.
5. Ensure the necessary QC Management Services Agreements are agreed as part of the investor purchase process to provide for on-going supervision of the project until development is completed.
6. Attend and participate in developer events, seminars, and courses.
7. Assist in the development of financial models; testing and reassessing all outcomes.
8. Work with the QC COO to define and implement a standard development and governance process.
9. Work with the QC COO to implement software to track progress of the pipeline of projects and developer contacts.
10. Work with the QC COO to implement regular automated reporting for senior management, strategic project investors and monthly reports for board level review.
11. Work with the QC COO to coordinate all work with the QC Financial Controller to ensure correct financial control of all positions.
12. Work with the QC COO to build training material for new employee induction; comply with and supervise compliance of all employees with the Company Handbook.
13. Periodic travel to Quintas London and regular business travel related to your role. Initially across Spain, and later in new development markets.
14. Assistance in QC budget preparation and annual planning.
15. Health & Safety planning to ensure that all employees or partners are insured and can work in a safe environment especially when travelling, in the field or working alone.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution. Experience and track record of delivery are considered of greater importance than educational background.
1. Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level, which includes advanced presentation skills.
2. At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in renewable energy projects.
3. Specific and relevant experience in Spain.
4. Native oral and written communication skills in Spanish, professional level oral and written English, and the ability to communicate effectively to senior management.
Reporting to: QC COO.
Direct reports: Up to 1.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and responsibilities.
Location: Seville, Spain.